Monday, December 11, 2006

We don't Walk

Inspired by another great blog I read today I'm going to document some of the great things I learnt this year...


1. Planes really aren't all that bad. Big ones that is. Big jets that can sit at way up in the air and you don't feel a thing. Found this fact out when I made my first overseas trip to Thailand in August. Had such a great time and also realised that international travel is easy. (Little planes still suck.)

2. I love Australian music more than ever. Have been to see a few aussie bands this year (namely Cog) but just hearing tonnes of stuff on triple J highlights that you could go a whole week and hear brilliant musicians writing, creating and distributing great music.

3. Pineapple is one great fruit. Thanks to thai pineapples for helping me discover the fact i really like them (both fresh & cooked lol.)

4. The best thing I did this year was give up dairy! Feeling over 100% better. Whilst slipping up occasionally on ice cream, brie & camenbert at parties, or butter on toast, the non-dairy diet is definately staying on for the long haul.

5. I quit my job and it wasn't scary. The prospect of being unemployed is scary, although hopefully won't be around for long. Being free and rid of possessions can be quite liberating.

6. All of my friends & family are so brilliant. They give me so much inspiration. They're all over the country, the world, getting married, doing amazing things. But i love the fact we can communicate in a message, an email, a call and they are always there - no matter what.

7. Music is moving, growing, progressing. It just keeps me going - the chance to listen to new things, write about new music and most of all sharing tunes with the people i love.

8. And i really do think that 2007 is going to be the best year of my life.

thanks to www.myspace.com/auslive for the inspiration for this blog. xx

No comments: